Nothing Beats Heart
Volunteer to be a part of Lansing’s heart
Volunteers contribute their unique talents, skills, and knowledge to events and our community – bringing HEART to the streets of downtown Lansing! Volunteers like you are vital make the on-going projects and programming a reality in the Capital City. Whether it’s a one-time event, specific project, or a planning team – YOU choose how you want to participate as a volunteer. We’d love to have you join us – Let’s have some fun!
To get more involved check out our committees (to the right) and email email@example.com or call 517-487-3322.
Meets the 1st Wednesday of the month at 8:00 a.m.
- Merchant Communications
- Volunteer Recruitment Efforts
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation & Awards Event
- Monthly E-Newsletter communications to the public
- Annual Report
- Student Welcome Back Efforts
Meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 4:00 p.m.
- Video Promotions of the Places and Faces that Make Up Our Downtown
- A FRESH Taste – Lift Up Local Week
- Brunch with Santa
- Trick or Treat on the Capitol Lawn
- Help Plan New Downtown Awareness Events
- Downtown Marketing Campaigns
- Branding & Social Medi
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 3:00 p.m.
- Business Recruitment & Retention Efforts
- “Make It Downtown Lansing” Rental Assistance Program
- Monthly Downtown Business Huddles
- Façade/Sign Incentives
- ‘Match on Main’ Small Business Funding
- Property Listings & Tours
- Pop-Up Spaces & working with Property Owners
- New Business Support Team
- Gift Certificate Systems
DESIGN/PUBLIC SPACES COMMITTEE
- Meets the 4th Thursday of the month at 4:00 p.m.
- Downtown Lighting
- Alley & Community Space Improvements Enhancements/Planning/Building
- Flowers Downtown
- Seasonal Beautification/Décor
- Walking Tours
- Spring & Fall Plantings/Clean-Ups
- Art Downtown