Now Hiring – DLI Outreach & Program Manager
The Programs and Outreach Manager is an integral part of the DLI staff team. This position is responsible for managing volunteer programming, residential communications, small business support programming and other projects that meet the objectives of Downtown Lansing Inc. (DLI).
The Program Coordinator is an advocate for DLI, providing information to business owners, property owners, committees, city officials and staff, as well as other interested persons. This position also coordinates business and residential programs for DLI with a focus on community outreach. The Outreach & Programs Coordinator will be a positive and energetic source for the long-term revitalization of downtown Lansing and support the Main Street program throughout the community by promoting excellence in volunteer-led design, community spaces, beautification and good business practices/programs. This position is also responsible for performing a variety of financial duties, overseeing the annual downtown maintenance contract, as well as general office management.
Range of Duties:
The Outreach & Program Coordinator’s duties will encompass a variety of tasks.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator will:
1. Be knowledgeable about the four-point Main Street approach to downtown revitalization and Michigan Main Street program, helping guide and advise committee leaders through year-round volunteer-led projects.
2. Provide assistance to Main Street committees as directed by the Executive Director, specifically Organization, Design and the Economic Vitality Committees.
3. Assist with business retention, expansion, and recruitment efforts. Including, but not limited to promoting incentive programs, managing year-round patios and activation efforts to support downtown business recovery, securing grants/sponsor funding to assist in small business support programming, working with real estate offices and property owners to highlight available properties, as well as managing other business retention and recruitment efforts.
4. Managing the day-to-day activities of specific programs related to volunteer recruitment and retention/appreciation efforts.
5. Marketing Downtown Lansing to outside businesses and developers, working in cooperation with the Executive Director and Marketing Coordinator to communicate the vision and businesses needed for downtown Lansing with developers and building owners to enhance the quality of retail and commercial space within the district.
6. Work directly with the community to enhance and promote DLI’s mission.
7. Recruit and help train project/committee volunteers.
View Complete Job Description on Indeed at: www.indeed.com/job/outreach-program-manager