Downtown Lansing Inc. Announces Local Businesses Receiving
Small Business Grant Program supports local businesses in Downtown Lansing
Downtown Lansing Inc. (DLI) is announcing the second round of Small Business Support Grant awardees, receiving up to $50,000. DLI’s all-new Small Business Support grant program was made possible thanks to funds provided to the downtown management agency from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and City of Lansing, helping create resiliency and vibrancy to our downtown. The second round of grant recipients include:
- American Fifth Spirits, Lansing’s first distillery making inventive, hand-made spirits.
- Jalapenos, offering what some call the best breakfast burrito in town.
- Linn & Owen Jewelers, Lansing’s oldest family owned and operated jeweler.
- La Cocina Cubana, creating fresh authentic Cuban cuisine.
- New Daily Bagel, a welcoming family owned and operated bagel deli.
- Sahara Delight, serving a fresh take on Mediterranean dishes.
- Summit Comics & Games, your go-to shop for comic books, board games and card games.
- Sultan’s Express, cooking up flavorful Mediterranean dishes from shawarma to falafel.
- Sparrow Bloom, combining the love of floral design and gardening to bring more flowers to the community.
- Sweet Encounter Bakery, a gourmet bakery & café specializing in scrumptious, made from scratch gluten free treats.
- Sylvia’s Sudsery, Luxurious artisan soaps that make your bath time an experience for you.
- Veg Head, a plant-based restaurant offering a new take on your favorite classics.
To help diversify the businesses that call Downtown Lansing home and offer an equitable Downtown experience where all feel welcome and belong, DLI’s goal is to award at least 40% of grants to women or ethnic-owned businesses. Stay tuned for the next round of grant recipients to be announced in April. Grant applications will continue to be reviewed and awarded monthly until June 2023, or while funds last.